Facebook

Thursday, March 31, 2011

New pens!

So I really got into the pen making this last week and a half, I've really fallen in love with my new pens! After reading about how to make the pens, I started searching for different ideas online and ran across someone who makes themed pens, so I just had to try that too. First up is a stars and stripe pen that I made out of blue and white clay (which incidentally had an ink burst open in it that I've been working to clean out):

SDC11162crop

Next up is a pen that I call Birds into the Sunset, which is pretty self-explanatory lol. It didn't turn out exactly as I planned, but I love the end result:

SDC11146crop

This next one was an experiment that also didn't turn out like I'd hoped, but I rushed it a bit in the end. The metallic green was only supposed to be on the raised sections, but it got into some of the grooves too. I still love the effect though, it's really pretty:

SDC11153crop

Now this last pen is my pride and joy, super happy with this one! This pen doesn't leave my sight, I've already had a lot of threats to steal this one lol! It's a Mario themed pen, with most of the characters being modeled after Super Mario World from the Super Nintendo, with the Goomba being the exception (they were round in Mario World, I prefer the classic shape):

SDC11155crop

SDC11156crop

SDC11157crop

SDC11158crop

And some closeup shots of the details (sorry for the fuzziness, my camera's having issues I think:

SDC11165crop

SDC11166crop

SDC11167crop

SDC11168crop

SDC11169crop

SDC11170crop

SDC11171crop

I think I may have to make a few of these to sell, but they take me a full day to make! This won't be a cheap pen by any means, but maybe I can make some with a few less details so it won't take so long or as many materials so I can sell them cheaper. Guess I'll see what I can come up with!

Until next time! <3 http://prettycat191.etsy.com